Skip to main content

VC Rocks Have a Heart Blog Hop

Welcome to Loni's Life and the VC Rocks Have a Heart Blog Hop.

If you're on the tour, then you've just come from Christine's All Hands and Heart

If you are starting here at my blog, I'm actually the last stop on the tour, but you can start at the top of the hop here and continue hopping until you come full circle back to my blog.


My project is an oldie but a goodie... 




You can't see it in the scan very well; but the real red cardstock is stamped with hearts & swirls background in real red.

Stamps: Hearts & Swirls Background; Loving Hearts; Brushstroke Alphabet; Handmade I/II or personalized

Ink: Real Red classic

Paper : Real Red 8.5 x 5.5; Ballet Blue 1 7/8 x 5; US Whisper White enough to punch 3, 1 3/8" squares; Pixie Pink to punch 3, 1 1/4" squares

Accessories: Red gingham ribbon; snail adhesive; 1 3/8" punch; 1 1/4" punch; *brayer optional (to use to show background stamp where you ink up the stamp with the pad then lay the cardstock on top of the inked background stamp; then use the brayer on the cardstock to transfer the ink from the stamp to the card stock- or also to show how you can use a brayer to ink up a background stamp).

1- Punch 3 squares of US Whisper White using 1 1/4 inch punch; stamp in real red with I, heart image, and U
2- Punch 3 squares of pixie pink using 1 3/8 inch punch; layer whisper white on pixie pink
3- layer pixie pink on the ballet blue and set aside
4- fold 8.5 x 5.5 real red to form card base; stamp with hearts & swirls background in real red
5- layer ballet blue on real red
6- finish card with gingham red bow & stamp reverse with Handmade stamp

Leave a comment by 10pm Central on Sunday night and Mocha will draw a Blog Candy winner on Monday, June 4th (since she is not allowed to use the PC by herself and her mommy will be on a cruisetour of Alaska!!!)

Be sure to mark your calendars for our summertime hops
  • June 16-17 for any size card projects. 
  • July 21-22 Hostess Gifts and Non-card projects
  • August 18-19 Punch Art, Big Shot, and Simply Scored projects

If you want to join our Virtual Convention Rocks group, the 2012 edition is only open for membership through May 31st; click on the box to join now (be sure to fill out your membership survey when you receive it; it is required for entry to the group_)


Click to join vc_rocks
Click to join vc_rocks

Return to our home blog at www.vcrocks.blogspot.com
Hugs and Blessings!


Comments

Krafting Karen said…
very simple and to the point card. I like it! Thanks for sharing your "heart work"
MJ said…
What a cute card. I love the hearts stamped on the background. Darling!
Elizabeth said…
Very cute! I hope you're having a marvelous vacation!
Anonymous said…
Love your card -- hope your vacation started out well and enjoy Alaska. It is awesome!
Carolyn Sharkas said…
Great card, Loni. Have fun on your vacation with your family.
Elizabeth said…
I did see the swirls and hearts background. Great job and great job organizing the hop!
Patrice Herrera said…
The background stamped image is so cool. Your card is very cheery and bright! Have fun on your trip and thanks again for organizing such a great Hop!You are much appreciated!
I love the stamped background. your card is awesome. Have a wonderful vacation.
inkedx2 said…
Cute clean and simple card! Thanks for organizing this blog hop. Lots of talent in this group.
Carey said…
I love the CAS look. Thanks for the fun. Speaking of which have it in Alaska.

Carey Rogers
aka Roscoe's mommy (the swap eating dog)
Janice said…
Great card, love the colors. Have a great vacation I'm envious).
Kimber said…
Oldies are definitely goodies!! So glad you're the last stop on this hop - and thank you so much for organizing it!!!
Cynthia Ferenz said…
I love simple cards - that is my style! TFS!
Kym said…
Cute card! Love the background.